Home of the Cardinals
Thinking of moving to Lawson? Let me give you a quick rundown and contacts for this town.
Lawson is located in Clay and Ray Counties. The population is the 2010 census was 2473. This quiet little suburb has a lot to offer.
Here are some of the amenities:
* Great schools
* Hidden Valley Golf Course
* Watkins Mill State Park
* Lawson City Lake
* VFW (All American Post 2 years in a row)
* Very Nice Baseball/Softball Complex
* Churches of many denominations
* Several Dining Establishments including Catricks, Papa J's and Mulligans along with fast food options
* Local fire department with full time and volunteer staff
* Many local business including Monroe's Pharmance where the Old Fashioned Soda's are still served
* Amazing Sense of COMMUNITY. Small town living at its best and still close to the city for convenience.
Lawson is one of 57 schools in the State of Missouri to be a Blue Ribbon School. The school in this community is a driving force for people to seek out this small town. This school offers a wide range of activities from athletics to an awesome theatre department and everything in between. A student can be involved in several different activities. The schools are rated by Great School as follows:
Southwest Elementary 7 Lawson Middle School 9 Lawson High School 8
The highest rating is a 10.
Check out the website for this school. You will find the administration and staff are happy to answer questions and are always excited to talk about Lawson Schools.
Website links to check out the many amenities this town has to offer
Hidden Valley Golf Course http://golflawson.com
Watkins Mill State Park http://mostateparks.com/park/watkins-mill-state-park
City of Lawson http://www.cityoflawsonmo.org
Lawson Chamber of Commerce http://www.lawsonchamber.com
The Lawson Police Department http://www.lawsonpolice.com
Northwest Gymnastics http://northwestgymnastics.vpweb.com
A few fun fact and some History...
Lawson was founded in 1870. It was names for New York businessman L.M. Lawson.
The Lawson Review is Ray County's longest continously in-print newspaper
Lawson is HOME to Ray County's oldest bank, Lawson Bank, founded in 1883. The bank recovered from a devestating fire in 1914 and still stands at 4th and Penn today.